Press Releases and Publications
- 10/12/2018 - Dates announced for independent retailer training
- 26/11/2018 - Community tree planting for Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy
- 26/11/2018 - Park for £1 all weekend in the run up to Christmas
- 22/11/2018 - Be green on Black Friday
- 19/11/2018 - Asset purchase provides greater financial security for Mid Sussex District Council
- 12/11/2018 - Local taxi driver has licence revoked for driving unsafe vehicle
- 06/11/2018 - Mid Sussex District Council taking part in Voter ID pilots in 2019
- 01/11/2018 - Free training for independent retailers to help them compete with chains and online shopping
- 19/10/2018 - Chairman’s Concert raises funds for charity
- 15/10/2018 - Awards highlight outstanding building designs in Mid Sussex
Date: Saturday 15th December 2018, 8pm- 11.15pm. Doors: 7.45pm
Venue: Clair Hall, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, Sussex, RH16 3DN
Meltdown Ceilidhs are modern, souped-up Barn Dances at Clair Hall Haywards Heath, in the winter months.
THE DIATONICS + Caller: Emma Wooders
Another of Meltdown's favs! Wonderful driving band and a really super bunch of peeps to finish off our 2018 dances.
Remember that it's the now-traditional CHRISTMAS Black'n'red dress code for that Party feel - for as many as will!
See Meltdown website< htpps://www.meltdownec.org.uk > for full details.
What is a Ceilidh? (say it "kaylee").
Inclusive and really great fun for all, Meltdowns can be as lively and enthusiastic as age and energy dictates!
Experienced Callers walk you through the moves of each dance first, and prompt for part of it too - then it's down to the great music to lift you off your feet! A different top-quality festival-circuit band and caller each month. Run NOT-FOR-PROFIT since 2001.
Beginners very welcome.
Loose clothing and sensible footwear advised.
Family Ticket is £30 for 2 Adults and up to 3 kids
Group Ticket also available see- http://www.meltdownec.org.uk/tickets.html for full ticketing details
Group price must be arranged in advance.
Please note: these dances can be a bit fast and hectic for very young children, but they will still be most welcome!
Date: Thursday 20th December 2018, Doors Open 7pm Play starts 7.30pm
Venue: The Queen's Hall, High Street, Cuckfield, Nr Hayward Heath, West Sussex, RH17 5EL
FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY - DON'T MISS THE RAIN OR SHINE THEATRE COMPANY'S PLAY FOR 2018 WINTER SEASON: After the success of The Hound of the Baskervilles, and Dracula; Rain or Shine are dying to bring you yet another fantastic evening of entertainment with their own individual comedic style!
The dynamic duo return to solve one of the Victorian era's biggest mysteries.
Sherlock Holmes and The Curious Case of Dr Jekyll & Miss Hyde.
This Winter join Sherlock Holmes, together with his trusty sidekick Watson, and watch a case unfold that is less elementary, and more fantastical than ever before. Hailed as 'a delicious mirthfest' Rain or Shine will once again be reinventing the classic Sherlock Holmes characters using their now signature 'Morecambe & Wise-ish comedy' style for another season of mystery, mayhem, but above all multi-role madness! Set in authentic Victorian costume, with a cast of four playing a whole host of characters, Rain or Shine are sure to delight and enchant those new to the tale, and those who already know it.
Date: Saturday 12th January 2019, 7 - 9.30pm
Venue: Ashenground Community Centre, Southdown Close, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 4JR
The next Ashenground Community Film will be SWIMMING WITH MEN showing at 7pm on Saturday 12th January 2019.