Press Releases and Publications
- 06/02/2019 - Council Chairman Honours Community Champions
- 31/12/2018 - Go Alcohol-free for Dry January 2019
- 20/12/2018 - West Sussex councils set to retain more Business Rate growth
- 17/12/2018 - Council confirm Christmas opening hours
- 17/12/2018 - Festive waste & recycling collection day changes
- 10/12/2018 - Dates announced for independent retailer training
- 26/11/2018 - Community tree planting for Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy
- 26/11/2018 - Park for £1 all weekend in the run up to Christmas
- 22/11/2018 - Be green on Black Friday
- 19/11/2018 - Asset purchase provides greater financial security for Mid Sussex District Council
Enjoy a fascinating talk given by former RHS Vice President and leading horticulturalist Jim Gardiner.
Drawing from his remarkable experience of working for the RHS, Jim's illustrated talk will identify a wide selection of shrubs that can be used in gardens of all sizes to provide interest throughout the seasons. In addition, he will highlight a range of plants, including bulbs and herbaceous, that can be used in association with shrubs to give "added value" to your planting. Following the talk, enjoy a private tour of the Garden.
Ticket price includes refreshments on arrival served inside the Elizabethan Mansion House.
Britain's leading outdoor touring company, Opera Brava, present La Traviata by Verdi, performed with a chamber ensemble against the magical backdrop of the Elizabethan Mansion House.
From the thrill of unexpected romance to a heart breaking reconciliation that comes too late: Verdi's La Traviata is one of the most popular of all operas. Alfredo falls in love in with the courtesan Violetta in glamorous Paris society, but underneath the surface run darker undercurrents, leading to a tragic ending.
The opera's fantastic melodies include the famous Brindisi and the exuberant "Sempre libera", both showing the lyricism of Italian opera at its most immediately appealing.
Christopher Lane production for Opera Brava will bring out all the emotional colour, from the first discovery of love, through painful confrontation to the inevitable conclusion. The performance will be sung in English.
Booking essential Tickets:
- Early Bird: £30 (until 1 July)
- Standard: £35
- Child: £10 (5-16 years old)
Doors open at 6.30pm. Relax in the Garden before the performance begins at 7.30pm. Bring a chair and a picnic.
The maker's market bringing you handmade homewares, accessories and one-of-a-kind design in beautiful venues throughout Sussex, throughout the year.
Please note this venue is only accessed by stairs