Development Plan Documents
Site Allocations Document
Mid Sussex District Council adopted its Site Allocations Development Plan Document on 29th June 2022. The Site Allocations DPD identifies sufficient housing sites to provide a five year housing land supply to 2031 and also makes sure that enough land is allocated to meet identified employment needs. The adoption statement, adopted Site Allocations DPD and Sustainability Appraisal are available to view below, as well as the Inspector’s Report:
Main Modifications (November 2021)
Following hearing sessions held in June 2021 and the completion of Action Points, the Inspector has provided suggested modifications to the Council’s Site Allocations Development Plan Document (Sites DPD), which were subject to consultation from November 2021 to January 2022. At this stage the Inspector has only issued the Main Modifications and not a Report setting out his conclusions.
The Council received almost 300 responses to the consultation. The responses have been collated and made available to view on the Sites DPD examination page. The responses have also been sent to the Inspector to inform his final report. Should the Inspector conclude that the Sites DPD meets legal and soundness requirements, it will be considered by the Council for adoption in Spring 2022.
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Site Allocations DPD – Main Modifications Version
- Sustainability Appraisal – Main Modifications Addendum
- Habitats Regulations Assessment – Main Modifications Addendum
- Policies Map: Ardingly update (in relation to MM1)
- Policies Map: East Grinstead update (in relation to MM2)
- Statement of Representations Procedure
Submission (December 2020)
The District Plan sets out the housing and employment needs for the district for the period to 2031 and committed the Council to preparing a Site Allocations DPD in order to find sufficient housing and employment sites to meet the remaining need.
The Submission Draft Site Allocations DPD recommends allocation of:
- 22 housing sites
- 7 employment sites
- Science and Technology Park
It also includes 5 strategic policies required to deliver sustainable development.
The Site Allocations DPD has been formally submitted to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government. Hearing sessions were held in June 2021, further details are available using the links below.
- Notice of Submission
- The submission documents and accompanying documents can be found on the Site Allocations DPD - Evidence Library page.
- The supporting evidence for the proposed site allocations can be found on the Site Allocations Library page.
- Information on the examination can be found on the Site Allocations DPD Examination page
Regulation 19 Documents
The following documents were prepared at Regulation 19 stage and were subject to consultation between August – September 2020.
- Draft Submission Site Allocations DPD: Regulation 19
- Sustainability Appraisal: Main Report (Reg.19)
- Sustainability Appraisal: Non-Technical Summary (Reg.19)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment: Main Report (Reg.19)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment Non-Technical Summary (Reg 19)
- Community Involvement Plan
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Statement of Consultation (Regulation 18)
- Statement of Representations Procedure
- Availability of Consultation Documents
- Technical reports can be found on the Sites DPD Evidence Library page
- Supporting evidence for the proposed site allocations can be found on the Proposed Site Allocations Library page
Regulation 18 Documents
The following documents were prepared at Regulation 18 stage and were subject to consultation between October – November 2019.
- Draft Site Allocations DPD: Regulation 18
- Site Allocations DPD - Interactive Map
- Sustainability Appraisal: Main Report
- Sustainability Appraisal: Non-Technical Summary
- Habitats Regulations Assessment: Main Report
- Habitats Regulations Assessment: Non-Technical Summary
- Scrutiny Committee Report (http://midsussex.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=284&MId=2314&Ver=4 )
- Sites DPD: Reg 18 Consultation Report
Small Scale Housing Allocations Development Plan Document
The Small Scale Housing Allocations DPD allocates small-scale sites for housing development. It was adopted in April 2008 and forms part of the Development Plan for the district, alongside the District Plan and Neighbourhood Plans.
It is a key part of the Mid Sussex Local Development Framework.
- Small Scale Housing Allocations Development Plan Document
- Small Scale Housing Allocations Development Plan Document - Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Appendices to the Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement
- Addendum - August 2009
Previously developed (brownfield) sites - maps
- SSH/1 - Dunnings Mill Squash Club, East Grinstead (40 homes)
- SSH/2 - Land at the junction of Windmill Lane and London Road, East Grinstead (35 homes)
- SSH/3 - Sandrocks, Rocky Lane, Haywards Heath (65 homes)
- SSH/4 - Covers Timber Yard, Fairfield Road, Burgess Hill (18 homes)
- SSH/5 - The former Gas Holder Station Site, Leylands Road, Burgess Hill (58 homes)
- SSH/6 - Station Goods Yard, Hassocks (60 homes, as part of a mixed use development including employment)
Greenfield sites - maps
- SSH/7 - Land south of The Old Convent, Moat Road East Grinstead (70 homes)
- SSH/8 - Land adjoining Moatfield Surgery, St Michael's Road, East Grinstead (17 homes)
- SSH/9 - Land south of Grange Road, Crawley Down (98 homes)
- SSH/10 - Land north west of Chatfield Road, Cuckfield (42 homes)
- SSH/11 - Land at Gravelye Lane / Lyoth Lane, Lindfield (65 homes)
- SSH/12 - Land rear of Newton Road, Lindfield (120 homes, to include an area of informal open space, new woodland and landscaping)
- SSH/13 - Folders Meadow, Folders Lane, Burgess Hill (90 homes)
- SSH/14 - Keymer Tile Works, Nye Road, Burgess Hill (250 homes as phase 1)
- SSH/15 - Land north of Maltings Park, Burgess Hill (105 homes)
- SSH/16 - Land adjacent to Manor Road, Burgess Hill (123 homes
- SSH/17 - Land west of Mackie Avenue, Hassocks (130 homes)
- SSH/18 - Land adjoining Ashplats House and to rear of 240-258 Holtye Road, East Grinstead
Keep up to date
Find out more about Mid Sussex District Council news by visiting our Newsroom
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter for all the latest Council news.