Apply For Social Housing
To apply for social housing, you must first join our Housing Register which is part of Sussex Homemove.
The Council's housing register is run by the Homemove team at Clarion Housing.
Sussex Homemove is for people looking for social housing, for the first time and for existing tenants wanting to move home.
Please take a look at our Social housing FAQs for more information.
Clarion Housing tenants
Clarion Housing control all transfer for their own tenants. Unless you are a wheelchair user or need supported housing, you are no longer able to join the Mid Sussex housing register if you are a Clarion Housing tenant.
If you are a Clarion tenant, please register with Home Choice - Clarion Housing's own national housing system.
For further information, please email: email@example.com
Who can join?
You may not be allowed to join if you:
- Do not have a local connection with Mid Sussex
- Have a household income of over £60,000 before tax
- Own or have a legal interest in a home
- Have enough money to buy a home
- Are subject to immigration control
- Are unsuitable to be a tenant because of unacceptable behaviour in the past
- Are a tenant of a housing association with its own transfer list, such as Clarion Housing
Apply to Homemove
How housing allocation works
Our Housing Allocation Scheme sets out how applicants on the housing register are selected for accommodation. The scheme is intended to be open and transparent. Hard copies are available on request.
Contact the Homemove Team
Please contact the Homemove Team if you:
- Think your form has not been received
- Would prefer a printed form
- Want to tell us of a change in your circumstances
For more information, please take a look at our Social housing FAQs.
The Homemove Team
Clarion Housing Group
7 Perrymount Road