To apply for social housing, you must first join our Housing Register which is part of Sussex Homemove.

See if you can join the housing register and apply here

The Council's housing register is run by the Homemove team at Clarion Housing.

Sussex Homemove is for people looking for social housing, for the first time and for existing tenants wanting to move home.

Please take a look at our Social housing FAQs for more information.

Clarion Housing tenants

Clarion Housing control all transfer for their own tenants. Unless you are a wheelchair user or need supported housing, you are no longer able to join the Mid Sussex housing register if you are a Clarion Housing tenant.

If you are a Clarion tenant, please register with Home Choice  - Clarion Housing's own national housing system.

For further information, please email:

Who can join?

You may not be allowed to join if you:

  • Do not have a local connection with Mid Sussex
  • Have a household income of over £60,000 before tax
  • Own or have a legal interest in a home
  • Have enough money to buy a home
  • Are subject to immigration control
  • Are unsuitable to be a tenant because of unacceptable behaviour in the past
  • Are a tenant of a housing association with its own transfer list, such as Clarion Housing

Apply to Homemove

Apply to Homemove

Complete our online application form to join the Mid Sussex Common Housing Register.

If you require additional support with your application, please contact the HomeMove team. For older people who want to register, you can contact Peabody Care and Support.

How housing allocation works

Our Housing Allocation Scheme sets out how applicants on the housing register are selected for accommodation. The scheme is intended to be open and transparent. Hard copies are available on request.

Contact the Homemove Team

Please contact the Homemove Team if you:

  • Think your form has not been received
  • Would prefer a printed form
  • Want to tell us of a change in your circumstances

For more information, please take a look at our Social housing FAQs.

The Homemove Team
Clarion Housing Group
Upton House
7 Perrymount Road
Haywards Heath
RH16 3TN
Tel: 0300-100-0303

Last updated: 13 February 2019