Apply For Social Housing
To apply for social housing, you must first register with the Sussex Homemove scheme.
Sussex Homemove is the choice-based lettings scheme used by most councils in East and West Sussex. It's for home-seekers looking for social housing for the first time as well as for existing tenants wanting to move address.
Please take a look at our Social housing FAQs for more information.
The Council's housing register is run by the Homemove team at Clarion Housing.
Please note: Unless you are a wheelchair user or need supported housing, Clarion Housing tenants are no longer able to join the Mid Sussex housing register.
Instead, please register with Home Choice - Clarion Housing's own national housing system.
For further information, please email: email@example.com
How housing allocation works
Our Housing Allocation Scheme sets out how applicants on the housing register are selected for accommodation. The scheme is intended to be open and transparent. Hard copies are available on request.
Who can join?
You may not be allowed to join if you:
- Do not have a local connection with Mid Sussex
- Have a household income of over £60,000 before tax
- Own or have a legal interest in a home
- Have enough money to buy a home
- Are subject to immigration control
- Have been a bad tenant in the past
- Are a tenant of a housing association with its own transfer list, such as Clarion Housing
How do I register for Homemove?
Complete our online application form below to join the Mid Sussex Common Housing Register. For more information on the registry process, please read How to apply for social housing in Mid Sussex.
For older people who want to register online, please take a look at the Family Mosaic Outreach support program.
Please contact the Homemove Team if you:
- Think your form has not been received
- Would prefer a printed form
- Want to tell us of a change in your circumstances
For more information, please take a look at our Social housing FAQs.
Contact the Homemove Team
The Homemove Team
Clarion Housing Group
7 Perrymount Road