Everyone voting at Mid Sussex polling stations at the local elections on Thursday 2nd May 2019 will need a form of ID.
You will have to show your unique security-coded poll card or photo ID when you come to vote in our polling stations on Thursday 2 May 2019. This pilot is looking at the best way to tackle possible election fraud, following Electoral Commission reports that there has been a steady rise in voter impersonation since 2014.
You should receive your poll card on or soon after 21st March 2019. You will not receive it before then.
On polling day, if you do not have your poll card, you will be able to vote only if you have one of the following with you:
- UK or EU photo-card driving licence (full or provisional)
- Valid United Kingdom, European or Commonwealth passport
- Valid photo travel card issued by HM Government or an Oyster 60+ pass
- PASS scheme card (national proof of age standards scheme)
- Photo card parking permit issued as part of the Blue Badge scheme
- Biometric immigration document issued in the United Kingdom
- Photo Identity Card issued in the European Economic Area
- Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
- Ministry of Defence Identity Card
Nothing else will change – just remember to bring your poll card with you when you come to vote. There will be no change to the way you vote if you have a postal vote.
Local Council Elections 2019
District, Town and Parish Council elections are due to be held on Thursday 2nd May 2019:
Statement of Persons Nominated
- Mid Sussex District Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
- Burgess Hill Town Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
- East Grintead Town Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
- Haywards Heath Town Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
- Cuckfield Parish Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
- Turners Hill Parish Council - Statement of Persons Nominated
Some councils/wards received the right number of councillor nominations or fewer. Notices of the resulting uncontested elections are available to view on our Election Results page.
Notice of Election Agents
- Mid Sussex District Council election - Notice of Election Agents
- Burgess Hill Town Council election - Notice of Election Agents
- East Grinstead Town Council election - Notice of Election Agents
- Haywards Heath Town Council election - Notice of Election Agents
- Cuckfield Parish Council election - Notice of Election Agents
- Turners Hill Parish Council election - Notice of Election Agents
Notice of Election
- Notice of Mid Sussex District Council Elections
- Notice of Town and Parish Council Elections
- Timetable for Local Elections on 2 May 2019
Next key dates in the election timetable are as follows:
- Proxy Vote Application Deadline – 5.00pm on Wednesday 24th April 2019
European Parliamentary Elections 2019
The District Council (MSDC) must administer elections for all tiers of government and any national or local referenda that may arise. By-elections can occur at any time, for example if an elected representative dies, resigns or is no longer qualified to hold their office.
The following elections are scheduled to occur in the coming years:
- District, Town and Parish Councils – May 2019
- European Parliamentary Election - May 2019
- Police & Crime Commissioner – May 2020
- West Sussex County Council – May 2021
- United Kingdom Parliamentary General Election – May 2022
Details of any unscheduled vacancies will appear as they arise at Councillor Vacancies.