Supplementary Planning Documents
Mid Sussex Design Guide Consultation Draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
This Design Guide is intended to inform and guide the quality of design for all development across Mid Sussex District. It sets out a number of design principles to deliver high quality, new development that responds appropriately to its context and is inclusive and sustainable.
The Design Guide covers the following types of development:
- Urban extensions (residential based developments)
- Brownfield sites / urban infill / mixed-use developments
- Rural developments
- New dwelling design (houses and apartments)
- Residential extensions
- Building conversions
- Commercial buildings / business parks / industrial estates.
Mid Sussex District Council carried out a public consultation for the draft Design Guide SPD from the 9th of October to the 20th of November.
Responses are now being processed.
A summary of the representations received during the consultation is set out below:
Paper copies of the representations can be viewed on request at Mid Sussex District Council Offices, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 ISS
Adopted Supplementary Planning Documents
Mid Sussex District Council adopted three Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) in relation to developer obligations (including contributions) on the 25th July 2018. It is intended to keep the contributions updated to ensure they reflect cost inflation. To inform the contributions, the District Council continues to engage with infrastructure providers on their infrastructure requirements.
The Development Infrastructure and Contributions SPD sets out the overall framework for planning obligations: The SPD has been updated (October 2019) following requests from West Sussex County Council in relation to new parking guidance, and from the CCG and Sussex Police in relation to their s106 calculators.
- Development Infrastructure and Contributions SPD
- Health (CCG) s106 Calculator – Houses
- Health (CCG) s106 Calculator – Flats
- Sussex Police s106 Calculator
- West Sussex LLFA Policy for the Management of Surface Water (November 2018)
- West Sussex County Council has published guidance on parking at new developments (August 2019).
- Please note that some made neighbourhood plans in Mid Sussex contain a policy on parking standards.