Supplementary Planning Documents
Mid Sussex Design Guide Consultation Draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
Mid Sussex District Council has published the Draft Mid Sussex Design Guide for public consultation.
This Design Guide is intended to inform and guide the quality of design for all development across Mid Sussex District. It sets out a number of design principles to deliver high quality, new development that responds appropriately to its context and is inclusive and sustainable.
The Design Guide covers the following types of development:
- Urban extensions (residential based developments)
- Brownfield sites / urban infill / mixed-use developments
- Rural developments
- New dwelling design (houses and apartments)
- Residential extensions
- Building conversions
- Commercial buildings / business parks / industrial estates.
The consultation is open from 9th October until midnight on 20th November 2019 and we would like to hear your views.
Your comments can be submitted:
- Online Consultation Response Form
- By Email to: LDFconsultation@midsussex.gov.uk
- By Post to: Planning Policy, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS
All comments received during the consultation will be carefully reviewed. A consultation report summarising the issues raised and how these comments have been addressed will be considered by the Council before the document is adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document. Once adopted, the Design Guide SPD will carry weight in the planning decision making process.
Adopted Supplementary Planning Documents
Mid Sussex District Council adopted three Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) in relation to developer obligations (including contributions) on the 25th July 2018. It is intended to keep the contributions updated to ensure they reflect cost inflation. To inform the contributions, the District Council continues to engage with infrastructure providers on their infrastructure requirements.
The Development Infrastructure and Contributions SPD sets out the overall framework for planning obligations: The SPD has been updated (October 2019) following requests from West Sussex County Council in relation to new parking guidance, and from the CCG and Sussex Police in relation to their s106 calculators.
- Development Infrastructure and Contributions SPD
- Health (CCG) s106 Calculator – Houses
- Health (CCG) s106 Calculator – Flats
- Sussex Police s106 Calculator
- West Sussex LLFA Policy for the Management of Surface Water (November 2018)
- West Sussex County Council has published guidance on parking at new developments (August 2019).
- Please note that some made neighbourhood plans in Mid Sussex contain a policy on parking standards.