Coronavirus (Covid-19). We urge all residents and businesses to follow advice from Public Health England. Find all the latest information and advice on our dedicated Coronavirus Community & Business Support page and recent information about Grants & Funding here.
Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) requires local planning authorities to produce a Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA).
The SHELAA (2020) sets out the long list of sites which were nominated to the Council. These sites do not have any planning status. Including them in the SHELAA does not mean that they will be developed in the future.
- Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) main report - April 2020
- Appendix 1 - Housing Sites
- Appendix 2 - Employment Sites
- Appendix 3 - Excluded Sites
- Appendix 4 - Commitments (April 2020)
- Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment Methodology (April 2018)
- Windfall Study 2020
Call for Sites
The Council is inviting individuals, landowners, developers and site promoters to put forward sites to be considered through the forthcoming update to the Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA). The SHELAA will be a crucial piece of our evidence base for the District Plan Review which is now underway.
Sites can be submitted for a range of uses including, but are not limited to:
- Housing (i.e. affordable housing and self-build and custom housebuilding);
- Specialist housing (i.e. housing for older people; C2);
- Gypsy and Traveller sites;
- Employment; and
- Infrastructure (i.e. community uses, renewable energy).
The call-for-sites is open between 7th January 2021 to midnight 19th February 2021.
Ansty and Staplefield
Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common
Lindfield and Lindfield Rural
SHELAA in the South Downs National Park
The South Downs National Park Authority directly receives all new Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) site submissions within its area.