Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) requires local planning authorities to produce a Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA).
The SHELAA (2023) sets out the long list of sites which were nominated to the Council. These sites do not have any planning status. Including them in the SHELAA does not mean that they will be developed in the future.
- Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) main report - October 2023
- Appendix 1 - Housing Sites
- Appendix 2 - Employment Sites
- Appendix 3 - Excluded Sites
- Appendix 4 - Commitments
- Appendix 5 - Employment Commitments
2023 Parish Maps
Ansty and Staplefield
Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common
Lindfield and Lindfield Rural
Call for Sites
The Council invited individuals, landowners, developers and site promoters to put forward sites to be considered through the forthcoming update to the Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA). The SHELAA will be a crucial piece of our evidence base for the District Plan Review which is now underway.
Sites can be submitted for a range of uses including, but are not limited to:
- Housing (i.e. affordable housing and self-build and custom housebuilding);
- Specialist housing (i.e. housing for older people; C2);
- Gypsy and Traveller sites;
- Employment; and
- Infrastructure (i.e. community uses, renewable energy).
Sites submitted at this point in time will be included in the next iteration of the SHELAA.