Report a missed bin online
Report a missed litter or dog bin
Before you report a missed bin
If your rubbish, recycling or garden waste collection has been missed, please check the following:
- Day - have you put your bins out on the right day? You can check the bin collection calendar above
- Position - Are your bins at the edge of your property? Are they in a clearly visible location?
- Container - Are you using bins provided by Mid Sussex District Council? If not your rubbish will not be collected
- Time - were your bins ready for collection from 7am?
- Collections take place between 7am and 3pm. Please don't report a missed bin until after 3pm on your usual collection day as it may be collected any time until 3pm.
We won't collect if
- Your rubbish, recycling or garden waste isn’t available to collect from 7am
- Your recycling bin contains items we can’t recycle
- Your bin is over-full
- The road is blocked or access has been hindered in some way
- The bin contains garden waste. Garden waste can be taken to a household tip, or we offer a Garden Waste collection service
- The contents of your bin are stuck, due to freezing conditions or jammed material.
If you followed the above guidelines and your bins were still not collected, please fill in our online Missed Bin Collection form. This should be done as soon as possible.
Frozen garden bins
Frozen garden bins can be damaged by the waste and recycling collection lorry. If your bin freezes during very cold weather it may not be collected for safety reasons.
We will return later in the day if possible.
If we are unable to empty your bins we will return on the next scheduled collection day. Please read our Garden Waste Collection Service Terms and Conditions.