Please note that bin collections will commence from 6AM on Wednesday 10 August - Friday 12 August inclusive due to the high temperatures that have been forecast. This will give our crews more time to work in the cooler part of the day.
Please ensure your bins are placed out ready for collection the evening before, in plenty of time for the early start.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding"
When will my bins be collected?
To find out when your bins are due for collection, enter your postcode below.
If you have signed up for our garden waste collection service you can also use this form to find your collection day.
Collections take place between 7am and 3pm. Place your bins at the edge of your property ready for collection from 7am on collection day. Bin lids must be closed.
Recycling should be clean, dry, loose and not in bags. Find more details on our recycling page.
Please note, the bin calendar only shows the next four bin collections from your property, however, collection dates repeat in the same pattern throughout the year. The only exception is at Christmas and New Year which is subject to temporary changes.
Before you report a missed bin
If your rubbish, recycling or garden waste collection has been missed, please check the following:
- Day - have you put your bins out on the right day? You can check the bin collection calendar above
- Position - Are your bins at the edge of your property? Are they in a clearly visible location?
- Container - Are you using bins provided by Mid Sussex District Council? If not your rubbish will not be collected
- Time - were your bins ready for collection from 7am?
- Collections take place between 7am and 3pm. Please don't report a missed bin until after 3pm on your usual collection day as it may be collected any time until 3pm.
We won't collect if
- Your rubbish, recycling or garden waste isn’t available to collect from 7am
- Your recycling bin contains items we can’t recycle
- Your rubbish bin contains garden waste. Garden waste can be taken to a household waste recycling site or we offer a garden waste collection service
- Your bin is over-full
- The contents of your bin are stuck, due to freezing conditions or jammed material
- The road is blocked or access has been hindered in some way
Frozen garden bins
Frozen garden bins can be damaged by the collection lorry. If your bin freezes during very cold weather it may not be collected for safety reasons.
We will return later in the day if possible.
If we are unable to empty your bins we will return on the next scheduled collection day.
Please read our Garden Waste Collection Service Terms and Conditions.
How to report a missed bin
If you followed the above guidelines and your bins were still not collected, please fill in our online Missed Bin Collection form. This should be done as soon as possible.