Local Plan 2004
The Mid Sussex Local Plan was adopted on May 27th 2004 and is part of the development plan for Mid Sussex. This has now been replaced by the Mid Sussex District Plan.
However, until such time as the South Downs Local Plan is adopted (currently estimated for autumn 2018), any relevant general or site specific policy in the Mid Sussex Local Plan will continue to apply to development proposals in that part of the district within the South Downs National Park.
The Plan sets out policies and specific proposals for the development and use of land to guide planning decisions.
Letters in brackets denote the policy number prefixes within each chapter
|2||Plan strategy (G)|
|3||The countryside (C)|
|4||Built environment (B)|
|6||The economy (E)|
|8||Transport and parking (T)|
|9||Recreation and tourism (R)|
|10||Community services and resources (CS)|
|11||Burgess Hill (BH)|
|12||East Grinstead (EG)|
|13||Haywards Heath (HH)|
|18||Ashurst Wood (AW)|
|24||Crawley Down (CD)|
|29||Horsted Keynes (HK)|
|31||Keymer and Hassocks (KH)|
|33||Pease Pottage (PP)|
|40||Turners Hill (TH)|
|42||West Hoathly and Sharpthorne (WHS)|
|43||Rural areas (RA)|
|Appendix A - Explanatory note on housing land supply|
Mid Sussex Local Plan 2004 - saved policies
Most of the policies within the adopted Mid Sussex Local Plan have been saved indefinitely - until they are replaced by policies within a future Development Plan Document.
If this happens - the Development Plan Document will clearly set out which Local Plan policies it replaces.
The following policies have NOT been saved and no longer form part of the Mid Sussex Local Plan:
- C7 - Best and Most Versatile Agricultural Land: GOSE advised that this policy exceeds the provisions of PPG7 paragraph 28
- BH4 - 15 units, off Cants Lane, Burgess Hill: Implemented
- EG4 - Former Gas Works, Moat Road, East Grinstead: Implemented
- EG6 - Mixed Use including 12 flats, Railway Approach Car Park, East Grinstead: Implemented
- EG12 - Mixed Use, Railway Approach Car Park, East Grinstead: Implemented
- EG16 - Leisure facilities at Imberhorne School, East Grinstead: Implemented
- EG24 - Deletion of Metropolitan Green Belt: Process Underway
- HH5 - Phasing of Haywards Heath Strategic Development up to 2006: Out of Date
- BA1 - 16 Units, Deanland Nursery, Balcombe: Implemented
- CO1 - Green Belt, Copthorne: Process Underway
- CU4 - Cycleway between Haywards Heath and Cuckfield: Implemented
- HU3 - Land to the rear of 135/137 High Street, Hurstpierpoint: Implemented
- KH8 - Burial Ground Extension, Keymer: Implemented
- PP2 - Disused Depot Site, Old Brighton Road, Pease Pottage: Implemented
More information can be found in the Mid Sussex Local Plan 2004 Saved Policies Application Decision Letter (GOSE).