Consultation & Monitoring
Planning Policy e-mail alerts
The Local Development Scheme
Please read the Adopted Local Development Scheme - October 2017 for a timetable on the preparation and review of Local Development Documents.
Mid Sussex produces a monitoring report for the period 1 April to 31 March.
It looks at the progress of the Local Development Framework and various indicators relating to:
- Business development
- Town centres
- Environmental quality
Previous annual monitoring reports:
The Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement acts as a guide and benchmark for all council services to use when we involve communities in our decision making processes.
- How you can get involved - the Code of Practice which sets out six principles the Council will apply in engaging with our communities
- How we involve you in making planning decisions - setting out how the Council will involve the community in making decisions on planning
- How we involve you in Planning Performance Agreements - setting out how the Council will work with applicants to engage residents on large and complex planning applications before they are submitted
Key contacts list
One of the initiatives of the Statement of Community Involvement is to keep an up-to-date list of 'key contacts'.
This is a list of organisations and groups that we will consider contacting for consultation on our Local Development Framework.
- Key Contacts List
- Add your details to the Key Contacts List (organisations and groups only) - all applications will be reviewed
- Amend your details held on the Key Contacts List
Housing land supply
The Council has a 5 year supply of land for housing. This is confirmed in the District Plan Inspectors Report (paragraph 35 onwards). MSDC 22 provides more detail regarding the 5 year supply calculation (paragraph 37).
'Commitments' are dwellings that have not been finished but benefit from extant planning permission or are allocated in the Local Plan, Small Scale Housing Allocations DPD or in a Neighbourhood Plan - and can be developed within the plan period.
Previous monitoring years
Mid Sussex District Council have made the following responses to Government consultations on national policy.