Consultation & Monitoring
Planning Policy e-mail alerts
The Local Development Scheme
Please read the Adopted Local Development Scheme - November 2020 for a timetable on the preparation and review of Local Development Documents.
Further information about the Site Allocations DPD is available on the Site Allocations DPD page.
The Consultation Draft District Plan (Regulation 18) is going to Scrutiny Committee for Housing, Planning and Economic Growth on the 19th January 2022. Further information on the District Plan Review is available on the District Plan Review page.
Mid Sussex produces a monitoring report for the period 1 April to 31 March.
The Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) is a key tool for assessing the delivery of the District Plan and includes various indicators relating to:
- Town centres
- Natural Environment
Previous monitoring reports:
- Monitoring Report 2018-19
- Monitoring Report 2014-15
- Monitoring report 2013-14
- Monitoring report 2012-13
- Monitoring report 2011-12
- Monitoring report 2010-11
- Monitoring report 2009-10
- Monitoring report 2008-09 plus Addendum
- Monitoring report 2007-08
- Monitoring report 2006-07
- Monitoring report 2005-06
- Monitoring report 2004-05
Infrastructure Funding Statement
The Council prepares an annual Infrastructure Funding Statement in line with the requirements of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Regulations 2010 (as amended) for the period 1 April to 31 March.
The IFS provides an overview of the development contributions (section 106 planning obligations) secured, received, allocated and spent during the report year.
The Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) acts as a guide and benchmark for all council services to use when we involve communities in our decision making processes.
The SCI for the District was adopted in 2011. The SCI has been updated:
- To ensure the SCI complies with all relevant national planning policy and guidance;
- To reflect the adoption of the District Plan; and
- To ensure that it complies with evolving best practice on community and stakeholder engagement.
Adopted Version of the SCI (2019)
Council adopted the revised SCI on the 27th March 2019.
Statement of Community Involvement (March 2019)
The Cabinet Member for Housing & Planning has approved a guidance note on the use of Planning Performance Agreements in Mid Sussex.
Housing land supply
The Council has published a Housing Land Supply Statement which can be viewed here.
The Planning Inspectorate has now responded to the Council’s APS submission stating that in its view, on a technicality that relates to the date when the District Plan was adopted, the Council does not qualify. The Inspectorate did not therefore comment on the Council’s housing land supply position. This has helpfully clarified the guidance for all Planning Authorities.
The Council is able to demonstrate a 5 year housing land supply. This has been confirmed through a Planning Appeal decision.
The Council is still awaiting a response from the Planning Inspectorate following the submission of the Annual Position Statement in July.
The Council has submitted an Annual Position Statement to the Planning Inspectorate.
Completions and Commitments
- Housing Land Supply – Completions 2019/20
- Housing Land Supply – Commitments 1st April 2020
- Housing Land Supply – Small Site commitments 1st April 2020
'Commitments' are dwellings that have not been finished but benefit from extant planning permission or are allocated in the Local Plan, Small Scale Housing Allocations DPD or in a Neighbourhood Plan - and can be developed within the plan period.
Previous monitoring years
- Housing land supply - Completions 2018/19
- Housing land supply - Completions 2017/18
- Housing land supply - Completions 2016/17
- Housing land supply - Completions 2015/16
- Housing land supply - Completions 2014/15
- Housing land supply - Completions 2013/14
- Housing land supply - Completions 2012/13
- Housing land supply - Completions 2011/12
Mid Sussex District Council have made the following responses to Government consultations on national policy.
- Planning for the Right Homes in the Right Places – Non-technical Response
- Planning for the Right Homes in the Right Places – Technical Response
- Changes to the Current Planning System (September 2020) – Covering Letter
- Changes to the Current Planning System (September 2020) – Appendix 1
- Planning for the Future White Paper (October 2020) – Covering Letter
- Planning for the Future White Paper (October 2020) – MSDC Response
- Planning for the Future White Paper (October 2020) – West Sussex and Greater Brighton Strategic Planning Board Response