Over the weekend of the 17th and 18th August there was an issue with our email services, meaning that we did not receive any emails. If you contacted us via email over this weekend, you will need to re-send your email. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes you.
Community Governance Reviews
Mid Sussex organises elections for all town and parish councils within our boundaries.
The Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 gives us powers over all electoral arrangements. We have the power to carry out community governance reviews and put in place or make changes to local community (parish) governance arrangements.
A review can consider a number of issues, including:
- Creating a new parish
- Altering the boundary of an existing parish
- Grouping a number of parishes together in a grouped parish council
A review can be started in one of three ways:
- By a petition from local electors
- By the council agreeing to a request for a review
- Or by the council resolving to conduct a review
For more information please read Community review guidance.