Coronavirus (Covid-19). We urge all residents and businesses to follow advice from Public Health England. Find all the latest information and advice on our dedicated Coronavirus Community & Business Support page and recent information about Grants & Funding here.
Community Governance Reviews
Mid Sussex organises elections for all town and parish councils within our boundaries.
The Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 gives us powers over all electoral arrangements. We have the power to carry out community governance reviews and put in place or make changes to local community (parish) governance arrangements.
A review can consider a number of issues, including:
- Creating a new parish
- Altering the boundary of an existing parish
- Grouping a number of parishes together in a grouped parish council
A review can be started in one of three ways:
- By a petition from local electors
- By the council agreeing to a request for a review
- Or by the council resolving to conduct a review
For more information please read Community review guidance.