Micro Business Grants
The 2022/23 Micro Business Grant Scheme has now closed for applications. Any further updates will be posted here
Grants will be assessed on a rolling basis by the Cabinet Grants Panel until the funding is fully allocated.
What are Micro Business Grants?
The 2022/23 Micro Business Grant Scheme has now closed for applications, any further updates will be posted here.
Are you eligible?
eligible for the scheme, businesses must meet all the following criteria:
- Your business must be constituted in Mid Sussex and can provide evidence of establishment
- Your business must have fewer than 10 employees (this includes both part-time and full-time staff)
- Your business must be able to commit a minimum contribution of 50% towards the cost of the project
The Panel reserves the right to decline returning applicants.
Note: Registered charities are unable to apply for this grant, please visit our Corporate Grants page for information of grants available for you
What could you be awarded?
Your business could receive up to £2,000 for projects as long as you can demonstrate how the grant will benefit your business.
- Reach new customers
- Increase the number of employees
- Introduce new products and services
- Improve business premises
- Improve business productivity.
We strongly support sustainable employment and the hiring of an apprentice. If an apprentice is taken on, then up to £1,500 is available in funding.
What happens after you apply?
A summary of the step by step process after you apply is as follows:
Applicants are informed within one week of the Cabinets Grant Panel of the decision on their application.