Waste & Recycling
We recycle over 40% of the waste collected from residents in Mid Sussex. We would like to thank residents for doing such a good job with their recycling.
This is how it is done
Every household has two wheelie bins:
- the recycling bin is black with a blue lid
- the rubbish bin is black with a black lid
One bin is emptied one week, the other on the following week.
- How does the waste collection service work?
- What can I put in my recycling bin?
- When is my collection day? - type in your postcode
- Missed bin collection - let us know your bin has been missed
- Where is my local household waste recycling site? - recycling centres in Burgess Hill and East Grinstead, and mobile waste collections across the District.
- Garden Waste Kerbside Collection - garden waste kerbside collections for an annual subscription.
- Bulky household waste - collection from your home for a fee of things such as beds, fridges, bicycles, microwaves etc.
- Assisted collections - for residents who need help putting their bin out for collection
- Abandoned vehicles - report an abandoned vehicle
- Street Sweeping - report a road that needs cleaning
- Fly Tipping - report fly tipping
- Recycle for West Sussex - find out how our waste is recycled and what is happening across West Sussex.
- All about waste prevention across West Sussex
- http://www.westsussexwaste.co.uk/ all about the new waste treatment plant taking the general waste from West Sussex residents.
- Wastebuster - waste education programme provided free to all Mid Sussex primary schools.
- Mobile Waste Collections across Mid Sussex April 2017 - March 2018
- Mobile Waste Collections across Mid Sussex April 2018 - March 2019