What is regularisation?

To make sure any previous unauthorised works are in line and agree with existing building regulations.

You can make a ‘regularisation application’ if the works have been carried out since the 11th November 1985.

It may be necessary to regularise the works to fit in with the existing building regulations depending on:

  • Circumstances
  • Exposure
  • Removal
  • And/or rectification of works

Why do I need to apply for regularisation?

To get a certificate saying that the works fit in with the existing building regulations.

How do I apply for regularisation?

You can submit a Regularisation application online here

The application should be submitted along with the same documentation required for a Full Plans application.

  • The relevant Plan Charge and;
  • Four sets (or two sets for domestic applications) of scaled plans, sections and elevations of the proposal (1:50; 1:100)
  • A site location plan (1:1250) and block plan (1:500)
  • A detailed specification of the work.

How much does it cost?

The charges will differ from one set of works to another. Please email buildingcontrol@midsussex.gov.uk to ask for a charge assessment. Include full details of the work.

More information: Scheme of recovery charges

Exemptions for disabled persons

Charges are not payable when the proposed work is to provide help for a disabled person for access and or facilities to existing dwellings and buildings to which the public have access are exempt from fees.

Contact us

Last updated: 14 March 2024