The Service We Offer
About the service
The Building Control Service is here to provide excellent guidance and support to achieve quality design and construction in buildings.
This is in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
We have a number of formal partnerships with local agents and developers through the Local Authority Building Control partnership scheme.
This enables us to provide important advice and plan examinations for our partners on developments throughout England and Wales.
For independent, practical guidance on home improvements, building regulations, contracts, working with builders and designers, planning permission and much more visit LABC Front Door.
What should I expect as a client?
As a client you can expect:
- A professional, accountable and excellent value service
- Pre-application advice
- Detailed plan checking procedures
- Full plan guidance notes
- Conditional approvals - if required
- The use of Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Registered Details. These allow developers, architects, designers, technical specifiers and contractors to register or use existing design details to minimise the building control checking and approvals process
- Close working with other departments of the Council and the fire officer
- Week day site inspections of building work
- The control of dangerous structures
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres
Building Control Surveyors
Technical advice is available at the Council's offices:
3pm-4.30pm Mon to Thurs
Or otherwise by appointment
The Duty Officer
The Building Control team
Our Building Control Service team is made up of friendly, experienced and highly qualified staff.
They are here to provide you with the very best in advice, assistance and design.