Information for Landlords
Landlords have the same responsibilities for repairs during the coronavirus outbreak.
It is likely that during the coronavirus outbreak contractors will only be available to deal with urgent repairs that pose a direct risk to safety. An agreement should be made between tenants and landlords for all non-urgent repairs to be carried out at a later date.
Should a contractor need to visit at tenant at their home to carry out essential work they must follow the following government advice:
- Keep a minimum of 2m apart from people in your household.
- Wash their hands frequently.
- Wipe down all surfaces in the area that they have been working in.
Further advice for landlords is available here:
Tenant matching service
We provide a free service to landlords to help you find suitable tenants and sustain positive tenancies.
For more information on how we can assist you with your property, please speak to our Private Sector Tenancy Sustainment Officer or download our brochure.
Renting out your property
- Renting Out Your Property
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme and the late protection of deposits
- Housing Standards
- How much rent should I charge?
- Local Housing Allowance Calculator
- Right to Rent
Senior Private Housing Options Officer