Our Environmental Protection team can give advice, investigate and take legal action relating to noise from licensed premises, including:

  • loud music
  • singing
  • shouting
  • customers talking loudly
  • noise from beer gardens

Every pub, club or licensed premises, including takeaways and restaurants, has a licence which says how their business should be run without causing a nuisance to neighbours

Information on these licences is available from the Licensing Team on by phone T: 01444 477419

Guidance for pubs, small licensed venues and clubs

If you require advice on how to take a pro-active approach to preventing noise complaints, please contact our Environmental Protection team by phone on 01444 477292

If you need information or advice regarding specific licensed premises please contact our Licensing Team on 01444 477419

Last updated: 21 August 2023