If you are buying or taking over a business that has an existing Premises Licence you must apply to transfer the Premises Licence into your name or your company's name.

How do I apply for a transfer of premises licence?

Please fill in the 'Application to vary a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)' form below if the Designated Premises Supervisor is also changing.

There is a separate fee of £23 for this. 

Apply Online 

Apply online to Transfer a Premises Licence  

Apply online to Vary a Designated Premises Licence 

A consent form signed by the outgoing Premises Licence Holder must be sent to the Licensing Team at the Council.

Paper applications

Print out and complete the forms below. Cheques are payable to ‘Mid Sussex District Council’. A consent form signed by the outgoing Premises Licence Holder must accompany the transfer form.

Please note: If you are requesting a transfer of premises licence - we cannot act upon the transfer until we have received the consent form from the outgoing premises licence holder.

The forms must be sent to the council's Licensing Team if you are not submitting the form electronically.

You must also send a copy to Sussex Police:

Chief Officer of Police
Licensing Officer
Worthing Durrington Police Station
Centenary House
Durrington Lane
BN13 2PQ

Contact us

Email: licensing@midsussex.gov.uk

Last updated: 28 February 2024