Your feedback will help us improve our services.
Our aim is to provide good quality customer care to all our residents, partners and visitors.
Please take a look at our Customer standards leaflet for more information.
Compliments and comments
We will be happy to hear about anything you have to say. Your feedback will help us improve our services.
We want to hear from you if you are unhappy about:
- The standard of service which you have received
- Any lack of action
- Unnecessary delays
- Any other issue you think we should know about
How do I complain?
You may also use the above form to compliment us or offer feedback to help us improve our services. We will be happy to hear about anything you have to say.
I made a complaint - what happens next?
- Let you know your complaint has been received
- Pass on your complaint to the right department
- Fully investigate your complaint
- Get back to you about your complaint within ten working days
- Contact you if the process takes longer than ten days
Please see our complaints procedure for further information.
What if I am not satisfied with your response?
You have a right to appeal.
The Complaints Officer will:
- Arrange for an independent internal review
- Send you a full response to your appeal as soon as possible
If you are still unsatisfied you may be able to appeal to:
- The Local Government Ombudsman
- The Information Commissioner - if your complaint is about Freedom of Information (FOI)
Annual complaint reports
Please note: All cases are treated in the strictest confidence. No names and addresses will be made public.
- 2017-2018: Complaints annual report 2017-2018
- 2016-2017: Complaints annual report 2016-2017
- 2015-2016: Complaints annual report 2015-2016
- 2014-2015: Complaints annual report 2014-2015
Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) Documents
Complaint statistics for all English local authorities including Mid Sussex:
- 2017-2018: LGO Letter 2017-18 for Mid Sussex District Council
- 2016-2017: LGO Letter 2016-17 for Mid Sussex District Council
- 2015-2016: LGO Letter 2015-16 for Mid Sussex District Council
- 2014-2015: LGO Letter 2014-15 for Mid Sussex District Council
- 2013-2014: LGO Letter 2013-14 for Mid Sussex District Council
Can my local councillor help?
Councillors receive regular updates on the numbers and types of complaints received. You can ask your local councillor to help with your complaint.
Please note: Any councillor may help you if requested.
How do I make a complaint against a councillor?
We consult widely with residents, service users and others about the services we offer and any planned future services.
For more information please take a look at our Consultations page.
Customer Services and Communications