Consultants, PMP were appointed to undertake the production of a leisure strategy in December 2008, following work with members of the Leisure Strategy Working Group to establish key questions and issues, which made up the overall brief for the project.
The key objectives of the brief were to:
- Engage with key stakeholders in and around the District and clarify desired community outcomes
- Assess current and future 'leisure' needs locally and their relationship with regional and national trends
- Ensure public involvement in the shaping of local provision
- highlight areas of good practice, gaps in provision and opportunities for improved service
- Identify affordable alternative options for the provision of leisure in Mid Sussex
- Clarify the role of the Council as strategic director, partner, facilitator, enabler and provider - and the role of others across the public, private and voluntary sectors
- Highlight opportunities for partnership working and cross-boundary planning
- Make firm recommendations and create a clear and targeted action plan to underpin delivery of the strategy.
For general advice please contact us on
telephone: 01444 477275