Blue Badge Parking
A Blue Badge helps drivers or passengers with severe mobility problems to park close to their destination.
More details can be found on the Department for Transport Blue Badge website.
Please note: the badge is intended for on-street parking only. Off-street car parks use separate rules.
Blue badges can also be used by:
- The registered blind
- People with severe upper limb disabilities
How can I apply for a Blue Badge?
Where can I park if I hold a Blue Badge?
Drivers who hold a valid Blue Badge are able to park in the following areas in Mid Sussex:
Our car parks
Price: Free of charge. Please park in a disabled parking bay. You may also use a regular bay free of charge if no disabled bays are available.
Please note: you cannot stay longer than the maximum waiting time in any car park.
On the road
You may park:
- On yellow lines for three hours with the parking clock clearly displayed and set to the time of your arrival
- In a limited waiting bay for an unlimited period of time - the clock is not required
You may not park:
- In bays reserved for vehicles such as buses, taxis or lorries
- In an area restricted by zigzags
- Where a loading ban is in force - there will be chevrons marked on the kerb
- Where you would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct other users
Controlled Parking Zones
- Residents bays: for a maximum of three hours with the clock displayed and set to the time of your arrival
- Controlled parking zone: you can Apply for a residents parking permit