Apply for a sex establishment licence.

What is a sex establishment?

These can include venues such as sex shops and sex cinemas and offer entertainment commonly described as:

  • Lap dancing
  • Pole dancing
  • Table dancing
  • Strip shows
  • Peep shows
  • Live sex shows

Please note: Sexual entertainment can still take place without a premises licence if it occurs on no more than eleven occasions in a year - with at least one month's 'other' entertainment in between.


  • New application: £4874
  • Application renewal: £3924

Apply for a sex establishment licence

Please read Mid Sussex District Council sex establishment venues statement of policy before applying.

Print out and complete the forms below. Cheques are payable to ‘Mid Sussex District Council’.

Contact us


Last updated: 01 April 2024