Ways to pay
Pay for it
Welcome to the Mid Sussex District Council online payments page.
We cannot accept American Express, Diners Club or JCB.
Note: You may notice some changes to your online payment screen. We’ve added new design features to make payments online easier, including a drop-down box for residents to select the service type you wish to pay.
Users can enter in payment details as usual and be assured that all payments will continue to be processed using a secure server that encrypts payment card details.
Please see below for more details on how to make a payment online.
How to pay
Pay online securely for:
- Council Tax
- Parking (PCN's)
- And more
Other ways to pay
Pay by automated phone by calling: 0330-088-9360
If you don't want to pay your Council Tax bill online, you have several other options, such as setting up a direct debit or paying at a PayPoint. See other ways to pay your Council Tax.
Through your bank
What services can I pay for online?
9 digit account numbers starting with 2
Non Domestic Rates / Business Rates
8 digit account numbers numbers starting with 6
Parking fines - Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs):
- Off-Street PCN (10 digit reference starting with the letters MS)
- On-Street PCN (10 digit reference starting with the letters XS)
If a warrant has been served on you regarding a PCN
Paying your parking fine now will not be accepted as a full and final payment. This is because there will be Bailiff and other fees to pay.
- General Invoice (10 digit invoice number starting with 4)
- Housing Benefits Over-payments Invoice (8 digit invoice number starting with 3)
- Building Control Invoices
Building Control applications and services
- Please select 'Building Control' from the online 'payment-type' list and then the 'application/service-type' from the drop-down menu.
Enforcement Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs)
- Please select 'Dog Control FPN', 'Nuisance Parking FPN' or 'Depositing Litter FPN' from the drop down menu.
- Leafleting without permission on land where leafleting is restricted
- Failing to provide a waste carrier licence
- Failing to provide a waste transfer notice when moving non-hazardous waste
If you have a Council Tax debt that has been passed to our bailiffs for collection - you can pay online here - Rossendales Ltd
Is my information secure?
The Council uses a secure server to receive your payment card details. This means the transaction is encrypted between your computer and the secure server.
Please note: The address for a secure site will always begin with 'https' with a padlock icon located in the address bar.
On entering the secure area please make sure that you are using the official Council web site by checking the address box at the top of your screen.
This should be:
How will I know if my payment has been successful?
When you have finished entering your card details and clicked the Pay Now button, your card details will be validated.
If your payment is successful
The system will acknowledge your payment and display your payment reference.
If an error occurs
Your payment will not be processed and a message explaining why it has failed will be displayed.
What record of the payment do I have?
Once your payment has been accepted, you will be able to view your receipt by clicking on either of the receipt links on the bottom-left of the screen.