Online Planning and Licensing Register

District Plan Main Modifications Consultation - Have your say between 2nd October and 13 November 2017.

To view and track planning or licensing applications - start using the:

Online Register

Please note: that in using the Online Planning and Licensing Register you agree to our Terms and Conditions and consent to the saving of session cookies on your computer. You may adjust your browser settings if you do not want these cookies saved. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

About the Online Planning and Licensing Register

The register allows you to view details of planning and licensing applications. You can:

  • Monitor the current status of an application;
  • View documents for current applications;
  • View lists of applications submitted and decided each week or month;
  • Be notified by email of new applications in your ward or parish;
  • See whether an appeal has been lodged and the result;
  • Submit comments to the Council about applications.


IMPORTANT - Please note that due to enhanced security requirements, the Online Register will no longer function in older web browsers.  Please ensure that you are using the latest supported version of your chosen web browser.  We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

The specific protocol that has been enabled is TLS 1.2 (Transfer Layer Security), which relates to the level of security demanded by the web server when it communicates with a browser.  This can normally be checked on Internet Explorer by going to ‘Tools > Internet Options > Advanced’ and then looking for the ‘Security’ section and ‘Use TLS 1.2’.  For other browsers, please check the online help for the browser version you are using.  10/05/2016

How do I get an email when an application is received in my area?

These general user instructions will get you signed up to receive emails about applications in your local ward or parish.  We send out automatic email updates every week once you have signed up.  Unfortunately, we cannot update you by email if new documents are added to an application.

Please note that if you live in, or close to, the area covered by the South Downs National Park Authority and wish to receive information on planning applications for the park area, then you will need to use the national park online planning register.

Do I have to register?

You do not need to register to use this site if you only wish to browse application information or make a comment on an application.  If you register you can track status changes on individual applications or create and save searches for applications within specific wards or parishes and other criteria.

Submitting a comment or representation

If you submit comments/representations to the Council on planning applications, you must understand that your name and address will be made public through the Online Planning Register. Please note that confidential or anonymous representations cannot be taken into account by the Council.

Representations made on Licensing applications only become public if the application is determined by a liquor licensing panel at a formal hearing.

If you would prefer not to use the Online Register to submit your comment or representation then you may comment by email or letter.  If you submit using email, please include the application reference in the header and your name and postal address in the body of the email. There is no need to sign your representation if submitting electronically, although your name and address must form part of the document. Signatures on paper representations will be obscured online.

Any representations made, either in writing or online, will be publicly available at council offices and online. You should therefore exercise caution when making comments to ensure that they are not offensive, inflammatory or libellous, as you remain responsible for any statements that you make.  Think twice before you press the submit or send button.

Documents not downloading

Occasionally you will experience problems downloading documents. This is normally because the document is too large and is taking too long to download. Unfortunately, the Council does not control the volume of information submitted with an application, and many documents can be quite large and in colour, resulting in a large file size that is not conducive to download. Where possible we try to split large files. If you cannot obtain a document of interest please email giving the planning application number and document details and we will try to assist you.

Browser compatibility and operation

The register should operate with any of the major, currently supported, browser types. If you experience any problems where a window does not pop up, you may need to check that the site '' is set up in your browser settings. You may experience problems if you are using pop-up blocking utilities. If this is the case, turn off the pop up blocker temporarily.

Problems or queries?

If you experience problems using the register or have any queries about the information shown on the site, please e-mail with details and we will do our best to assist you.


Planning Division
Mid Sussex District Council
Oaklands Road
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
RH16 1SS.

Tel: 01444 477019

Licensing Team,
Mid Sussex District Council,
Oaklands Road,
Haywards Heath,
West Sussex,
RH16 1SS

Tel: 01444 477419