Enforcement of Planning Control
Please be advised from the 1st April Mid Sussex District Council will no longer be acting as an agent for the South Downs National Park, at which point all enforcement enquiries will need to be made to the South Downs Directly.
For information on enforcing planning control click on the links below.
- Planning Enforcement. A guide for the Community
- Planning Enforcement Charter
- Planning Enforcement Policies and Procedures
If you would like any further information, or if you would like to report a suspected breach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Charter for Developers
The Council expects developers to manage their sites appropriately. For information on good practice see this good practice guide.
Enforcement appeals are dealt with in one of the three ways. The Planning Inspectorate provide guidance to those taking part in appeal against enforcement orders issued for breaches of planning control. These guides are available from the Planning Portal.
- Written representations - the applicant and the local authority will submit a written statement explaining their cases. The Planning Inspectorate provide guidance for written representations on the Planning Portal.
- Informal Hearings - where the applicant and local authority submit their written statement of case and then meet informally with an Inspector to discuss the issues. The Planning Inspectorate provide guidance for informal hearings on the Planning Portal.
- Public Inquiry - a formal process similar in operation to a court of law where the applicant and local authority can be cross examined and call witnesses. The Planning Inspectorate provide guidance for public inquiries on the Planning Portal.
Mid Sussex District Council
Oaklands, Oaklands Road
Telephone: 01444 477332