Property Information

Property Design and Construction Information

There is no general public right to inspect plans deposited under the Building Regulations or any associated documents that relate to the design and construction of properties. However, if you are the owner of a property you may be able to examine previously submitted plans where, for example, you are doing so in order to help prepare an application under the Building Regulations. Please be aware that we only retain detailed records of applications received for 15 years.

Access to information via Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) or Freedom of Information Act (FOI)

Requests for Building Control information can be made by emailing or you can use our application form. There is a maximum 20 working day turnaround on these requests. Requests may be subject to an exemption and you will be notified if this is the case.

Solicitors and Conveyancers

Competent Persons Schemes Information

We hold data of work carried out at properties under competent persons schemes which is compiled from weekly notifications received from the Schemes' administrators. We do not, however, hold completion certificates for work carried out under these schemes as these are issued directly to the property owner by the installer as evidence of compliance with Building Regulations.

Additional Search Questions (CON29R) Information. The CON29R is the standard questionnaire for for search enquiries.

Building Control information relating to questions 1.1, 3.8 and 3.13 can be obtained within 4 working days from the Council's Local Land Searches team by completing the appropriate request form.

Details of building work subject to proceedings for contraventions of Building Regulations where notices have been served or court action taken can be viewed on the Council's register. If a property address does not appear on the register it should be assumed that the answer to Con29R, question 3.8 is "No".

Information regarding the location of properties within radon affected areas (Con29R, Q3.13) can be found from the Health Protection Agency.