Mid Sussex District Council looks after 122 playgrounds, plus there’s more looked after by other councils, so there’s bound to be one near you.
Across the district you’ll be able to find playful sculpture; natural looking timber and rope climbing; water splashpad; climbing boulders and of course traditional swings, slides and roundabouts.
Our playgrounds are inspected weekly by staff on the ground, and monthly by a qualified inspector. Every year a more detailed inspection is done by an independent playground inspector. If you notice something is wrong that hasn't been fixed, please contact us in the landscapes department.
Key play areas
- St Johns Park - a large playground with equipment for all ages including climbing blocks, space net, toddler units, trampoline, swings; a skate park
- Cuckfield Recreation Ground - a large playground with equipment for all ages including natural rock climbing stack, roundabouts, swirly slide, swings, monkey bars; a paddling pool open during the summer months
- East Court - timber and rope equipment in the woodland including slide;
- Kings Centre - colourful modern equipment for all ages including swings, explorer arch, spinning cups, unit with slide; climbable sculpture; a skate park
- Beech Hurst Gardens - good selection of equipment for young children including toddler swings, play train, roundabout, willow room ; and for older children timber clamber stack and giant swing;
- Victoria Park - equipment for all ages including a selection of climbing units, slide, swings; water splash pad open in the summer (pictured); a skate park
- Lindfield Common - equipment for all ages including climbing boulder, climbing units, slide, spinning cup, toddler play houses and swings.
The landscapes department look after the maintenance of the equipment, fencing, seats and bins
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 477439
Contact the rangers about anti social behaviour or problems relating to dogs in playgrounds
email@example.com or 01444 477561