There is a market in Mid Sussex every week throughout the year where you can buy wonderful food and drink and a range of other items direct from the producers. Fruit and vegetables, dairy products, meats, game, fish and poultry, farm fresh eggs, wines, liqueurs, bread and cakes and savoury pastries, jams, pickles, chutneys, seafood, plants and flowers and craft products are among the products on offer at the markets. So make sure you visit one of these markets soon and support the local economy.
- Burgess Hill holds a market every Saturday by Martlets Hall.
- East Grinstead's Farmers' Market is held every Thursday and takes place in the heart of the town in the beautiful historic High Street.
- Haywards Heath holds markets on Thursdays in The Orchards Shopping Centre.
For more information on opening hours, products on sale, or how to hire a stall at one of the markets, please contact the market operators directly.
- For Burgess Hill, contact The Martlets Centre Management on 01444 244862 or visit www.themartletsshoppingcentre.co.uk for schedule of dates and details of forthcoming events.
- For East Grinstead, contact East Grinstead Town Council on 01342 323636, email Towncouncil@eastgrinstead.gov.uk Or visit the website www.eastgrinstead.gov.uk.
- For Haywards Heath, contact the Orchards Centre manager on 01444 410620 or visit www.theorchardsshopping.com for a schedule of dates and details of forthcoming events.