The Council has a key role to play in assisting disabled residents to adapt their homes.
Disabled Facilities Grants
Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) are provided for a range of home adaptations that help disabled people to live more independently in their own homes including such things as:
- Building ramps and widening doors
- Installing stairlifts
- Adapting kitchens for wheelchair users
- Replacing baths with level access showers
Before the Council will consider a DFG, a recommendation must be received from an Occupational Therapist. They can be contacted at the Adults Care Point West Sussex County Council on 01243 642121.
If you would like some informal advice on a DFG please contact the Housing Standards Team on 01444 477292.
- Disabled Facilities Grant - Discretionary Policy
- West Sussex Occupational therapy
- Summary of Mid Sussex Grant Conditions
- Summary of the housing renewal assistance policy
Alternatively, instead of getting your home adapted you may wish to consider moving to somewhere more suitable to meet your needs. If you would like advice and support to consider your housing options to move home, this can be provided by "Here to Help" supporting people to live safe and well at home. Contact 01273 468100 or email email@example.com If you are an Clarion Housing tenant contact "Assist" 07703 889091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org