British Heart Foundation Clothes+ Collections
We are working with the British Heart Foundation (BHF) to trial a charity doorstep collection service 'Clothes+' across some areas of Mid Sussex.
If your area is included in the trial you will receive a leaflet through your door. When a collection is due a tag will be left on your waste bin the week before.
What will be collected?
The collection will include:
- Batteries (in a small bag)
- Small electrical items in working order (nothing bigger than a microwave)
All material collected will be donated to the BHF to fund lifesaving research.
Save it / Bag it/ Give it
Small working electrical items such as:
- Portable radio
- Docking stations
- Hair dryers
- Table lamps
Nothing bigger than a microwave please. Batteries contained in a bag.
Please make sure your items are clean and in good saleable condition. They need to be in full working order and must be put into a plastic bag to keep them dry. Please don't include broken items or furniture.
What will happen on the day of the collection?
Please make sure that you:
- Place your bagged items on the edge of your property, beside your bin.
- Please do not put your bags inside your bin.
- Mark the bag with the bin hanger you have been provided.
- Make sure your bags are out by 7 am
How to donate outside of the scheme
If you have large items or clothing to donate outside of this scheme, then please contact the British Heart Foundation
Book a FREE & FAST collection online
Tel: 0808 250 003
British Heart Foundation
Tel: 01342 477349