Skip to content

Council Tax

Class N - Dwelling only occupied by students

Apply for a Class N Exemption

This exemption applies if the property is occupied either by persons who are all students, or students and their spouses and dependants who are not British Citizens. 

It doesn’t matter if the property is unoccupied during holiday periods as long as it will be re-used next term. 

This doesn’t apply if there is any non-student adult in residence. 

To apply please email