- Open 17/01/2022
- Closed 28/02/2022 (or earlier if funding exhausted)
- All payments made by 31/03/2022
- Online only: https://midsussex.grantapproval.co.uk/
- Please apply for the Omicron grant for your respective industry, if appropriate, you will not be a priority for the discretionary schemes if you are eligible for the Omicron grant
Businesses severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of COVID19 i.e.. can show/evidence a reduced footfall due to omicron eg. businesses which supply the hospitality, and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector).
Local Authorities in Round 6 are encouraged to support businesses from all sectors that may have been severely impacted by restrictions, or by the Omicron variant, including those outside of the business rates system.
Funding is limited from Central Government (£315K) in comparison to previous rounds. Priority will be given to those not eligible for the Omicron Grant and those who have evidenced that they have been severely affected by the Omicron variant.
- Sole Traders
- Limited Companies
- Registered Charitable Organisations
- Unregistered Charitable Organisations
- With a rateable property
- Without a rateable property – working from home, mobile traders, market traders
- Those not entitled to Omicron Grants
- Those who have applied for/received and are eligible for the Omicron Grant
- Those who do not have fixed costs, this cannot be used for wages/ salary
- Conditional on award of grant to landlords is that they must evidence the payment is being passed onto the tenanted business.
- Conditional award of grant funding to a successful applicant will be conditional on the business paying any business rates liabilities arising
- Conditional award of grant funding to a successful applicant will be conditional on an unrated business being rated if it meets the Non-Domestic Rates criteria
- Businesses who do not have up to date filing with Companies House
- Businesses who are in liquidation or bankrupt or trading in financial difficulty
- Businesses receiving more than subsidy limits or special allowance limits
- Additional Restriction Discretionary Grant – Normally at the end of the funding round the 28th February 2022 depending on applications
- Direct retail to visiting customers should apply for 66% Extended Retail Discount, if not already done so.
- Businesses with Rateable properties, who do not receive any reliefs should consider applying for the Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF)
- Please apply for the Omicron Grant for your respective industry, if appropriate, you will not be a priority for the discretionary schemes if you are eligible for the Omicron grant.