Covid -19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF)
Closing Date 18 March 2022
On line Applications only at https://midsussex.grantapproval.co.uk/
This scheme applies for the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
This scheme is the system by which the Government have allowed for the effects that COVID (a possible tone of the list change) would have had on the Rateable Value and therefore ultimately the charge to the ratepayer.
The scheme is administered by the Local Authority and not the Valuation Office (VOA).
The scheme is a reduction in liability to pay and not a grant.
- Properties not eligible for Relief Schemes other than transitional relief and SBR over £12K RV
- Properties occupied and liable for Business Rates on 1 April 2021
- Properties must be occupied
- There must be a business rates liability for the financial year
Excludes all those: Businesses
- Eligible for Extended Retail Relief Scheme (ERD)
- Eligible for Nursery Relief
- Not awarded relief for the same period
- Those businesses reaching the cash cap limits
- Not considered in occupation
- Empty properties
- Business in receipt of full SBRR
- In Liquidation or bankrupt
- With incomplete accounts and filing with Companies House
- Not a precepting authority e.g., Local Authority, Parish, or County Council
- Above the subsidy allowance (different from grants normally £2,243,000 unless additional provisions are invoked)
- Telephone masts, car park spaces (apart from Airport parking)
- Any new business set up within the COVID period wef 01/03/2020 is unlikely to qualify
For further information