Coronavirus (Covid-19). We urge all residents and businesses to follow advice from Public Health England. Find all the latest information and advice on our dedicated Coronavirus Community & Business Support page and recent information about Grants & Funding here.
Transfer of Premises Licence
If you are buying or taking over a business that has an existing Premises Licence you must apply to transfer the Premises Licence into your name or your company's name.
How do I apply for a transfer of premises licence?
Please fill in the 'Application to vary a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)' form below if the Designated Premises Supervisor is also changing.
There is a separate fee of £23 for this.
A consent form signed by the outgoing Premises Licence Holder must be sent to the Licensing Team at the Council.
Print out and complete the forms below. Cheques are payable to ‘Mid Sussex District Council’. A consent form signed by the outgoing Premises Licence Holder must accompany the transfer form.
Please note: If you are requesting a transfer of premises licence - we cannot act upon the transfer until we have received the consent form from the outgoing premises licence holder.
- Application to transfer a Premises Licence - printed form
- Consent of individual to transfer premises licence - printed form
- Application to vary a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) - printed form
- Consent of individual to being specified as a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) - online form
- Consent of individual to being specified as a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) - printed form
The forms must be sent to the council's Licensing Team if you are not submitting the form electronically.
You must also send a copy to Sussex Police:
Chief Officer of Police
Worthing Durrington Police Station