Apply online for a Street Trading Licence
Print out and complete the forms below. Cheques are payable to ‘Mid Sussex District Council’.
Please note: If you intend to trade in East Grinstead (London Road, High Street, Railway Approach) please contact East Grinstead Town Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us using the information at the bottom of this page if you do not hear from us within 28 days.
Fees: Licence fees and registration charges
To apply you must:
- Provide specific information - including details of the street you wish to trade on and the days and times you wish to trade
- Comply with all conditions attached to a licence
- Be over 17 years of age
Licences will be refused if:
- Trading causes interference or inconvenience to street users
- You wish to trade for less than any minimum required trading days
- You have certain previous convictions
- You have failed to pay fees due under another street trading licence or have failed to use a previous street trading licence
Will 'tacit consent' apply?
It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
More information: ‘Tacit consent’ means you can act as if your application has been granted if you do not receive your licence/permit within a certain time after we confirm we have received your application.