Micro Business Grants
Micro Business grants are now available for firms with fewer than 10 employees in order to help small businesses in Mid Sussex grow.
Grants are provided on a first come first served basis so apply now.
How to apply
Are you eligible?
- Only businesses with fewer than 10 employees, and located in the district, are
- Businesses must be properly constituted and able to provide evidence of this (such
as accounts, VAT registration number (if applicable), copy of Companies House
documentation, evidence of registration as a sole trader)
- Projects must be things that will contribute towards the growth of the business and
not to cover the costs of “business as usual”
- Only one application can be made per business
- A due diligence review will be undertaken for each business making an application.
What you could be awarded?
Your company could receive up to £2000 for projects as long as you can demonstrate how the payment will benefit your business.
- hiring more employees
- building new business lines
- developing a wider outreach or
- increasing community benefit
We strongly support sustainable employment and the hiring of an apprentice. If an apprentice is taken on, then up to £1500 is available in funding.
What happens after you apply?
If you bid for funding you will be visited by MSDC representatives and your application fully reviewed.
Our Cabinet Grants Panel will then make a decision and successful applications will receive funds by December 2018.
The first Cabinet Grants Panel is due to meet on 31st July 2018.
Economic Development Officer
Tel: 01444 477322