Micro Business Grants
All funding for the scheme has now been allocated. We are currently unsure if there will be any more funding available for further grants.
Any updates on this position will be posted here. If you have any questions please contact us.
What are Micro Business Grants?
Micro Business Grants are available for firms with fewer than 10 employees in order to help small businesses in Mid Sussex grow.
Grants are provided on a first come first served basis.
Are you eligible?
- Only businesses with fewer than 10 employees, and located in the district, are
- Businesses must be properly constituted and able to provide evidence of this (such
as accounts, VAT registration number (if applicable), copy of Companies House
documentation, evidence of registration as a sole trader)
- Projects must be things that will contribute towards the growth of the business and
not to cover the costs of “business as usual”
- Only one application can be made per business
- A due diligence review will be undertaken for each business making an application.
What you could be awarded?
Your company could receive up to £2000 for projects as long as you can demonstrate how the payment will benefit your business.
- hiring more employees
- building new business lines
- developing a wider outreach or
- increasing community benefit
We strongly support sustainable employment and the hiring of an apprentice. If an apprentice is taken on, then up to £1500 is available in funding.
What happens after you apply?
If you bid for funding you will be visited by MSDC representatives and your application fully reviewed.
Our Cabinet Grants Panel will then make a decision on applications received.
Economic Development Officer