Coronavirus (Covid-19). We urge all residents and businesses to follow advice from Public Health England. Find all the latest information and advice on our dedicated Coronavirus Community Support page.
House to House Collections
Any Charity collecting door-to-door requires a House to House permit.
How do I apply?
Please read House to House conditions before you apply.
Please note: There is no fee for a house to house permit.
Print out and complete the form:
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of submitting your application - please contact us using the information below:
- You must be a fit and proper person
- Applicants must hold a Waste Carriers Licence
- The names of the street/s or postcode sector and relevant dates in which you intend to collect must be identified on the application.
- Licences will not normally be granted for more than one week in any 4 week period
- Satisfactory returns must be lodged with the Licensing Team within 28 days of the collection ending
- Copies of returns submitted to other local authorities may be requested as part of the application
Future applications will depend on satisfactory completion of returns
Once the collection has been completed you will need to submit a relevant return form.
Will Tacit Consent Apply?
It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
More information: ‘Tacit consent’ means you can act as if your application has been granted if you do not receive your licence/permit within a certain time after we confirm we have received your application.