Policy Consultation

Our Gambling Policy is currently out for consultation.

If you would like to make a comment then please contact us at licensing@midsussex.gov.uk

The role of the Licensing Authority

We are responsible for the administration of gambling legislation.

The Gambling Commission grants Operating and Personal Licenses to commercial gambling operators.

As the ‘Licensing Authority' we are responsible for the issue of Premises Licenses to:

  • Bingo Clubs
  • Betting Shops
  • Adult Gaming Centre
  • Family Entertainment Centres

It also grants permits for:

  • Gaming machines in Member Clubs
  • Liquor Licensed Premises
  • Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centres

We also administer Temporary Use Notices and issue Provisional Statements.

More information:

The Gambling Act 2005

We have published our Policy Statement for the Gambling Act 2005 entitledStatement of Principles – Gambling Act 2005

Contact us

Licensing Team

Email: licensing@midsussex.gov.uk

Last updated: 15 July 2018