Coronavirus (Covid-19). We urge all residents and businesses to follow advice from Public Health England. Find all the latest information and advice on our dedicated Coronavirus Community Support page.
Business Advice on Grants and Funding
Advice and tips on business grants and funding options in Mid Sussex.
Coast to Capital - Growth Grants
The Coast to Capital LEP area Growth Grant Programme is a capital equipment (capex) grant.
The grant provides last resort investment to part-fund projects undertaken by innovative, high growth small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in the Coast to Capital LEP area.
Applications from all sectors are welcome, but the Programme would particularly like to see applications from companies in the following sectors:
- Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing
- Environmental Technologies, Goods and Services
- Creative, Digital and IT (CDIT)
- Healthcare, Medical Technology and Life Sciences
- Professional and Business Services
- Food and Drink Manufacturer
More information can be found on the Coast to Capital website.
Coast to Capital - Growth Hub
The Coast to Capital Growth Hub supports businesses in the area to achieve their growth ambitions through the provision of direct support and signposting services, completely free at point of use.
Since its launch the Coast to Capital Growth Hub has supported thousands of businesses.
The support includes:
- dedicated Account Managers who will assess the needs of your business and introduce you to local, regional and national support initiatives to help you grow.
- access to free diagnostic business reviews, resulting in impact-driven hands-on support to overcome organisational barriers.
- providing a bespoke website full of relevant resources, events and opportunities for your business.
For more information on the service, visit the Growth Hub website.
Funding for rural businesses
Grants of between £2500 and £50000 are available for rural businesses in the Sussex area.
West Sussex County Council is the accountable body for two LEADER Local Action Groups:
- Central Sussex which covers the rural areas of Horsham, Lewes and Mid Sussex Districts.
- Sussex Downs & Coastal Plain which covers the rural areas of Arun and Chichester District and Hayling Island.
Please take a look at a map of the two LEADER areas and more information about applying for the grants.
This money will be used to support projects proposed by:
- Other small rural businesses and rural community groups
A new approach to social investment bringing together large businesses and social enterprises.
It is supported by the Coast to Capital LEP. SE Assist Sussex aims to support local social enterprises that are struggling to access money and support.
Successful social enterprises will receive a support package which includes:
- An interest free loan of between £10,000 and £30,000
- Legal & General employee as a mentor
- Access to a bank of experts
To apply you must be a social enterprise that:
- Trades for a social and/or environmental purpose
- Knows what positive difference it is trying to make - who it aims to help and how it plans to do it
- Brings in most or all of its income through selling goods or services
- Reinvests profits to further its social mission
- Would pass on all remaining assets to another non-profit social enterprise that has a charitable purpose if the enterprise is closed
Start-up loans for young people
If you’re looking to start your own business - you might be thinking about a start-up loan.
The Let’s Do Business Start-Up successfully delivers start-up loans and business mentoring to people ready to take their first steps in the business world.
Funding for local economic development, projects or events
We offer the chance of grant funding to support community and economic development in Mid Sussex.
District Council funding may be available to help projects - including events which will support and develop the economy of all or parts of Mid Sussex.
A number of local projects and events have already benefited from financial support from this fund.
Planning Policy and Economic Development Team
Business small grants scheme
The Sussex Active and Healthy Workplace Initiative has a small grants scheme to help local businesses improve the health and well-being of their workforce.
The scheme is designed to support employers to increase the opportunities available to employees throughout Sussex. And to also work towards improving the health of the local workforce.