- Advice on renting out a property
- Right to rent
- How-to-rent checklist
- Housing standards
- National Landlords Association
- Check your tenant's housing benefits claim
Mid Sussex private landlord forums
The Council occasionally runs landlord forums, which offer an opportunity for local authority staff and private landlords to network and build useful working relationships. Details of the next forum will be posted here.
Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme
Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance (LHA)
If tenants are on a low income or in receipt of certain benefits they may be entitled to Housing Benefit to help with their rent.
Local Housing Allowance:
- Is he maximum level at which Housing Benefit can be paid to private tenants
- Is set at a flat rate and is dependent on the number of bedrooms needed by a household and where the property is located
- Can be paid to the landlord in exceptional cases if the tenant has difficulty making payments
Choose the Mid Sussex free tenant matching service
We are sure to have someone on our books who matches your person and rental requirements.
Our clients come from all walks of life:
- Retired people
- People on benefits
They are single people, couples and families.
How can you help me find the right tenant/s?
We will check each client's housing history, income and outgoings.
How long will a tenancy last?
You decide on the initial tenancy term.
What if the tenants are on Housing Benefit?
Not all our tenants are on Housing Benefit. But if they are - we will:
- Organise the Housing Benefit claim and make sure all funding is in place before the tenancy starts
- Offer you advice on preparing tenancy agreements and inventories - if you need it
- Help you with Housing Benefit queries during the tenancy
What support do you give to your clients?
- Financial and practical support to help them start and continue the tenancy - if they need it
- Tenancy sustainment workshops to make sure clients fully understand their responsibilities
- Practical advice and support to ensure tenancies run as smooth and trouble-free as possible
If you think our free matching service might be for you - please call the Housing Needs Team. Contact details can be found at the bottom of this page.
Housing Needs Team: