The Council's Housing Strategy 2009-2014 sets out five objectives to:
- Increase the supply of affordable housing
- Prevent homelessness
- Improve the quality and sustainability of housing
- Promote independence and inclusion
- Provide efficient and customer focused housing services
It also identifies what resources will be used and how the Council will work in partnership to deliver the strategy.
Business Unit Leader Housing Services
The Localism Act required local authorities to publish a Tenancy Strategy by 15 January 2013.
What does the Tenancy Strategy contain?
The Mid Sussex Tenancy Strategy 2012 lists contact details for Registered Providers in Mid Sussex.
It details our expectations in regard to:
- Affordability of rents
- Tenancy length
- Circumstances under which a fixed-term tenancy might not be renewed
- Communication and helping people make informed choices
- Governance arrangements and monitoring how the new tenancies are working
Housing Enabling Manager