We have introduced a new Housing Advice contact form on our website. This is the quickest and most efficient way for a Housing Officer to contact you about your Housing Issue. The form can be completed on a smart phone, tablet or computer. If you need help to complete the form, you can contact the Housing Needs Team for assistance on 01444 477574 or housingadvice@midsussex.gov.uk

Thanks in advance and please let me know any queries

Housing Advice Help Points during the Coronavirus outbreak

The Housing Service will continue to provide help and support to all those who need our assistance.

The advice from Public Health England is to maintain social distance and as a result the Mid Sussex District Council reception area is now closed to the public. The Housing Service will continue to be available to provide help and support by phone or e-mail.  In emergency circumstances where an appointment face to face with a housing officer is required then arrangements will be made and confirmed with you.

The service can offer advice and assistance on housing queries by telephone. This includes making emergency housing arrangements if necessary. 

The contact number below is a direct line for the Housing Needs Team. If the line is busy you will be able to leave a message with your name and contact details and we will call you back as soon as possible.

Emergency housing arrangements will be given the highest priority for a response.

Please do not attend the Council offices unless it is arranged in advance in emergency situations with a housing officer.

01444 477574 housing.advice@midsussex.gov.uk

What help will I get if I'm homeless or at risk of losing my home?

Once we have received your housing advice form, a Housing Needs Officer will contact you to discuss your situation. You will likely be invited to attend a housing advice help point, details are below. A member of the Housing Needs team will then complete a housing assessment with you. This may involve completing a personalised housing plan so that we can establish how you can work with the council to resolve your situation. This may take 1-2 hours. You will need to bring relevant paperwork with you such as:

  • Proof of ID
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Notice to quit
  • Details of your income

Contact us

The Housing Needs Team
Email: housingadvice@midsussex.gov.uk

Last updated: 14 October 2020