If heavy rain is forecast and flooding could result, you can find the latest information by:
- Checking West Sussex County Council’s incident information map
- Listen to local radio for the latest travel information and to find out which council services may be disrupted
- Check for weather warnings on the Met office website or
- By calling Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
In the event of a flood warning being issued or flooding becoming evident, there are some things you should do immediately
- Put your flood plan into action
- Gather essential items together either upstairs or in a high place
- Fill jugs and saucepans with clean water
- Move your family and pets upstairs or to a high place with a way of escape
- Turn off gas, electricity and water supplies if it’s safe to do so
- Plug sinks, baths and low level shower trays and weigh the plugs down to prevent backflow and
- Continue to listen to local radio for updates or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 for further updates.
Remember floodwater can rise quickly. Stay calm and reassure those around you.
Never touch sources of electricity such as light switches or plug sockets when standing in water.
Call 999 and ask for the Fire Brigade if you are in immediate danger.