It's easier than you think to reduce waste from your packed lunch! Try to make waste free packed lunches for yourself and your children. This will not only reduce your impact on the environment but most likely save you money too.
- Wrap sandwiches in re-useable bags.
- Split packets of biscuits etc into small re-useable tubs or bags rather than buying individually wrapped packets.
- Use a flask or re-useable drinks bottle, rather than buying individual drinks every day.
- Bring banana peels & apple cores home to compost.
- Avoid highly packaged items like cheese dunkers. Instead use a small plastic tub of cream cheese and something to dunk from a larger packet.
- Use up leftovers from dinner the night before, e.g. pasta as salad, or chicken in sandwiches.