West Sussex County Council provide information on Community Transport. Community Transport refers mainly to passenger transport services operated within the voluntary or non-profit making sector. Some vehicles owned and used by schools, colleges and commercial care homes are also included in the website information as an integral part of the Community Transport service provision.
Community Transport forms a valuable part of the passenger transport network because it is able to provide transport for very rural communities, cater for people who cannot use conventional bus services due to a disability and ensure community groups can enjoy a full range of activities.
There are links to the Community Transport Directory, the Online Services Directory and the Community Transport Association among others.
Community and Rural Transport on West Sussex County Council website.
NEW MINIBUS SERVICE
Action for Deafness is proud to be offering a new and exciting service to the local deaf and hard of hearing community. The new minibus aims to reduce social isolation for deaf and hard of hearing people by getting everyone out and about. The service is available for one off trips for example to a local restaurant for lunch, out with friends, or visits to garden centres and shopping centres, or for regular social events. The minibus can carry eleven people and can also accommodate two wheelchair users. Assistance dogs are also welcome and carers will travel free of charge. There will be a small charge of £2 each way within 5mile radius of Haywards Heath and 50p per mile thereafter. Bookings can be taken by email, text, Minicom, Fax and by phone. A confirmation of booking and cost will be sent by the end of the day on which the booking is made.
Below is a list of the criteria for use of the minibus and contact details. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Joe Morphew Transport facilitator.
- The purpose of the minibus is to reduce social isolation for deaf people.
- It will operate in the Mid Sussex area only.
- It will be available Monday – Friday 09.00-17.00
- The driver will have good communication and BSL skills
- AFD will operate a booking system for use of the minibus and bookings will be taken in person, in writing, by email, by fax, by text, by Minicom, by phone.
- There will be a small charge for all journeys.
- Cancellations with less than 72 hours’ notice will be charged in full.
- Assistance dogs will be welcome with prior booking
- Those eligible to use the facility will be:
- Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and Deafblind people who are unable to drive or use public transport.
Joe Morphew – Transport Facilitator
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Text - 07552 238834
Phone - 01444 415582
Fax - 01444 415587
Minicom - 01444 415593