Skip to content

*** Attention Adur District Council residents ****
As of 1st October 2017, the administration of Adur District Council work is no longer carried out by CenSus Revenues & Benefits. Please see the Adur & Worthing Councils Website for further information


Payments to Mid Sussex District Council

This page contains information on making Council Tax payments to Mid Sussex District Council.

Make a Card Payment

Set up a Direct Debit

You can set up a direct debit by selecting the Pay by Direct Debit on our Self Service page

Or by completing the Direct Debit form returning to our address 

You may also call our Revenues office on 01444 477564

Payment by phone

You may pay by phone using a Debit or Credit Card by calling the 24 hour automated payment line on 0800 090 2910. A fee of 1.5% will be charged for payments by Credit Card.

Payment using Home Banking

The Council's bank details are:

  • Account Number: 11517968
  • Sort Code: 30-80-12
  • Account Name: Mid Sussex District Council
  • Bank: Lloyds Bank

Pay at a Post Office (Council Tax Only)

For payments to be made at a post office a personalised payment card is required. This can only be obtained from the Council. This service is free of charge.  Or request here:

Request a Payment Card

Request to pay over 12 Monthly instalments

Request for 12 Monthly instalments - Council Tax

Request for 12 Monthly instalments - Business Rates

Or you can confirm in writing to

Please note

If making payment by cheque, please note:

  • Cheques should be made payable to 'Mid Sussex District Council',  
  • Please write your account number, name and address on the reverse of the cheque
  • Post-dated or third party cheques are not accepted - they will be returned to you
  • Receipts will only be given if payment is accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope
  • Any foreign payments must also fully cover the cost of the Councils Bank charges

You must advise this Revenues department, within 21 days, of any changes that may affect your entitlement to any discount.

Should you wish to change the way you pay your bill please:

If you opt not to pay by the statutory instalment scheme i.e. quarterly/half yearly, of unpaid, these amounts will be subject to recovery action in accordance with the statutory scheme.