This page contains information on making Council Tax payments to Mid Sussex District Council.
Set up a Direct Debit
You can set up a direct debit by selecting the Pay by Direct Debit on our Self Service page
Or by completing the Direct Debit form returning to our address
You may also call our Revenues office on 01444 477564
Payment by phone
You may pay by phone using a Debit or Credit Card by calling the 24 hour automated payment line on 0800 090 2910. A fee of 1.5% will be charged for payments by Credit Card.
Payment using Home Banking
The Council's bank details are:
- Account Number: 11517968
- Sort Code: 30-80-12
- Account Name: Mid Sussex District Council
- Bank: Lloyds Bank
Pay at a Post Office (Council Tax Only)
For payments to be made at a post office a personalised payment card is required. This can only be obtained from the Council. This service is free of charge. Or request here:
Request to pay over 12 Monthly instalments
Or you can confirm in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If making payment by cheque, please note:
- Cheques should be made payable to 'Mid Sussex District Council',
- Please write your account number, name and address on the reverse of the cheque
- Post-dated or third party cheques are not accepted - they will be returned to you
- Receipts will only be given if payment is accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope
- Any foreign payments must also fully cover the cost of the Councils Bank charges
You must advise this Revenues department, within 21 days, of any changes that may affect your entitlement to any discount.
Should you wish to change the way you pay your bill please:
- Call the Revenues office on 01444 477564
- e-mail: email@example.com
If you opt not to pay by the statutory instalment scheme i.e. quarterly/half yearly, of unpaid, these amounts will be subject to recovery action in accordance with the statutory scheme.