This page contains information on making payments to Horsham District Council.
Set up a Direct Debit
You can set up a direct debit by selecting the Pay by Direct Debit on our self-service page
Or by completing the Direct Debit form and returning to our address.
You may also call our Revenues office on 01403 215555
Payment by phone
You may pay by phone using a Debit or Credit Card by calling the 24 hour automated payment line on 01403 215645.
Payment using Home Banking
Please quote your Council Tax account number shown on the front of your bill.
The Council's bank details are:
- Account Number: 00000000
- Sort Code: 62-21-52
Pay at a Post Office
For payments to be made at a post office a personalised payment card is required. This can only be obtained from the Council. This service is free of charge.
Request to pay over 12 Monthly instalments
Or you can confirm in writing to email@example.com.
If making payment by cheque, please note:
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘Horsham District Council',
- Please write your account number, name and address on the reverse of the cheque
- Post-dated or third party cheques are not accepted - they will be returned to you
- Receipts will only be given if payment is accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope
- Any foreign payments must also fully cover the cost of the Councils Bank charges
You must advise this Revenues department, within 21 days, of any changes that may affect your entitlement to any discount.
Should you wish to change the way you pay your bill please:
- Call the Revenues office on 01403 215555
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt not to pay by the statutory instalment scheme i.e. quarterly/half yearly, of unpaid, these amounts will be subject to recovery action in accordance with the statutory scheme.