What is Council Tax?
Council Tax is payable on every domestic property and pays part of the cost of services provided by the council. Service such as:
- Fire and Police Services
- Rubbish Collections
Council Tax fees are worked out based on a property’s banding. Please see Bands and Charges page for further information.
Register to receive your Council Tax bill by email
How to pay?
Please follow the correct link below to make a payment. If you unsure which Council you are part of then use Find Your Local Council
Set up a Direct Debit
If you have recently moved and need to register for Council Tax, moving out of the district and want to inform us or want to become the council tax account holder at your address, the please select the relevant authority.
If you are unsure which authority to select then please use the Find Your Local Council service.
Move Form - Printable version
Where does your Council Tax go?
- Horsham District Council - Council Tax Financial Information Leaflet 17/18
- Mid Sussex District Council - Council Tax Financial Information Leaflet 17/18
- West Sussex County Council - Council Tax Financial Information Leaflet 17/18
- Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner - Council Tax Financial Information 17/18
- 2017/18 Council Tax Press Release - Horsham District Council
- Horsham District Council - Information Leaflet 17/18
- 2017/18 Corporate Budget Press Release - Mid Sussex District Council
- Mid Sussex District Council - Information Leaflet 17/18