If you want to comment formally on a current planning application, you can do so in the following ways:
You can comment directly on any application using the online planning register.
If the application is outside the statutory consultation period and you wish to make representations please contact the Case Officer in the first instance.
How to use the Online Planning Register
- Click on the link above.
- The search function is defaulted to a simple search for applications (if you are looking for an Appeal or Enforcement details, select this instead).
- Next to the ? icon, type in the reference number in full (eg DM/17/0001) and press Search.
- This will now open a summary of the application.
- Click on 'Related Documents'.
- Click 'View Associated documents'.
- A new window will open with a list of all the documents relating to the file. Please note that there are a maximum of 25 records per page - you will therefore need to select more pages for larger applications.
- Click once on the document you wish to view via the hyperlink in the first column and the record will open in a new window.
Comment in Writing
If you want to comment in writing, you can either email the case officer directly, or send your comments to our planning email address below. Please include your postal address at the foot of your email as we cannot consider anonymous comments.
Alternatively, you can post your comments to the following address:
Please be aware that to register your comments we will require you to include your name and address within your comments.
Please note: There may be a delay of up to 5 working days from the date of receipt before any comments appear online for viewing.