Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan
1st October 2014
On Wednesday 24th September 2014 Mid Sussex District Council resolved to ‘make’ the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan has been formally ‘made’ as of 1st October 2014.
The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Development Plan and accompanying Documents including the Environmental Report and the Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 20 Adoption Statement can be inspected, free of charge at the principal office of Mid Sussex District Council in Haywards Heath during normal office hours and are additionally available for inspection below:
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 20 Statement
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Sustainability Appraisal
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Sustainability Appraisal; Non-Technical Summary
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Environmental Report Adoption Statement
- Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Regulation 19
Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
A Neighbourhood Planning Referendum was held on Thursday 24th July 2014 where those who live within the Cuckfield Parish were asked "Do you want Mid Sussex District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Cuckfield to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?" People living in Cuckfield voted as follows:
- Yes: 833
- No: 52
- Other: 1
- Turn Out Rate: 32.6%
Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement - June 2014
On the 2nd June 2014 Mid Sussex District Council formally accepted the Recommendations of the Independent Examiner for the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan. This decision enables a Referendum to take place on the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan.
A neighbourhood planning referendum will be held for the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011-2031 on Thursday 24th July 2014.The question asked in the referendum will be:
“Do you want Mid Sussex District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Cuckfield to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area and the area covered by the neighbourhood plan is the parish area of Cuckfield.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 24th July 2014
- He or She is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum Area; and
- His or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum Area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2521.83.
The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 2709.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
The Specified Documents are:
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan post examination (June 2014)
- Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Submission Plan (June 2014)
- The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan (As seen by the Examiner)
- Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Proposed Submission
- The Examiner's Report
- A Summary of Representations submitted to the Examiner
- A Decision Statement from Mid Sussex District Council as the Local Planning Authority stating that the Plan meets the Basic Conditions
- Decision Statement (June 2014)
- General Information on Neighbourhood Planning
- and the Referendum (Information for Voters)
- Information for Voters
These documents can also be viewed at:
- Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS
- Cuckfield Parish Council, The Queen’s Hall, High Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5EL
Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Examination Report-
On the 24th April 2014 Mid Sussex District Council received the Independent Examiner's report on the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan. The report concludes that with a few minor modifications the Plan should proceed to referendum. The Examiner's report is available to view below:
A summary of representations made on the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan is available in the Summary of Representations document. The representations (in full) can be viewed at Mid Sussex District Council offices, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1SS.
The consultation ran from 23rd August 2013 until 4th October 2013.