Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan Making (adoption)
On Wednesday 29th June 2016 Mid Sussex District Council resolved to ‘make’ the Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan has been formally ‘made’ as of 30th June 2016. The Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Development Plan and accompanying Documents including the Environmental Report and the Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 20 Adoption Statement can be inspected, free of charge at the principal office of Mid Sussex District Council in Haywards Heath during normal office hours and are additionally available for inspection below:
The result of the Referendum held on 5th May 2016 are as follows:
On the 14th March 2016 Mid Sussex District Council formally accepted the Recommendations of the Independent Examiner for the Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan. This decision enables a Referendum to take place on the Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan.
A neighbourhood planning referendum will be held for the Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Development Plan 2015-2031 on Thursday 5th May 2016. The question asked in the referendum will be:
“Do you want Mid Sussex District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Ashurst Wood to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area and the area covered by the neighbourhood plan is contiguous with the Village Council boundary.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 5th May 2016
- He or She is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum Area; and
- His or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum Area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £ 2,443.01. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 1,373. The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
The Specified Documents are:
- Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan
- Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan (As seen by the examiner)
- The Examiner’s Report
- Summary of Representations sent to the Examiner
- Decision Statement from Mid Sussex District Council as the Local Planning Authority stating the Plan meets the Basic Conditions
- General Information on Neighbourhood Planning http://www.midsussex.gov.uk/planning-licensing-building-control/planning-policy/neighbourhood-plans/
- Referendum Information for Voters
These documents can also be viewed at: Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS.
Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan Examination Report
On the 2nd March 2016 Mid Sussex District Council received the Independent Examiner's Report on the Ashurst Wood Neighbourhood Plan. The report concludes that subject to modifications the Plan should proceed to Referendum and a decision to formally accept the recommendations is scheduled to take place at Cabinet on 14th March 2016. The Examiner's report is available to view below:
Other submitted documents
- Ashurst Wood Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary
- Ashurst Wood Sustainability Appraisal
- Ashurst Wood Sustainability Appraisal (Regulation 14) Non-Technical Summary
- Ashurst Wood Sustainability Appraisal (Regulation 14)
- Ashurst Wood Basic Conditions Statement
- Ashurst Wood Consultation Statement
- Habitats Regulations Assessment